For forwarning, I am a Zutara fan, and when my English teacher had our class write epitaphs on two characters from a favorite movie/TV show/book I chose my favorite Avatar: the Last Airbender charaters. So, if the show had gone my way his epitaph would have been like what's writen below.
Prince Zuko of the Fire Nation
My temper was much like a volcano, dormant at times and exploding the next minute.
My father burned me, belittled me and banished me.
I could not return home until I found the Avatar.
I have a scar on my left eye from where he marked me a traitor.
When I found the Avatar he was protected by a mere girl and a poor excuse for a worrior.
I chased him, captured him, and clashed with him many times.
I could not let him escape; I pursued them all around the world.
All they wanted was to end the 100 year war; I just wanted to return home.
This war of my father’s was an angry dragon harming, pulverizing, and destroying everything in its path.
I saw how afraid the world was of the Fire Nation during my hunt for the Avatar.
I made the decision to be good, thanks to Katara, the Avatar’s Waterbending teacher.
I was then offered the chance to return home by my sister,
My Achilles heel was always my temper, so I threw Katara’s efforts back in her face.
I was the dragon then, causing hurt and pain to the innocent.
Why was I so blind to the truth?
I finally saw the lie in my sister’s words and begged Katara for a second chance.
She agreed to give me that chance if I proved to her I was worthy of her trust.
I proved myself to her by helping her avenge her mother’s death.
Her forgiveness soothed my soul like water cools a burning flame.
I became a member of her little “family”.
She helped me hold off my crazy sister, so I could take my sister out.
I became the Fire Lord ending the war; thanks to the Avatar.
That taught me a lesson: learn from your mistakes and never repeat them.
Later on I married Katara and lived to see many grandkids.
I left this world, which together we had set right before she did, in my sleep.
Why do people always think that the bad guy can’t become good?

No comments:
Post a Comment