This is just a magazine review I had to do for Biology and I found it some what interesting.
Local Healthcare Today
Childhood Immunizations: What are the REAL risks?
Mindy M. Boehm
Spring 2009
You rush frantically into the doctor’s office. Your child has developed a fever, red sore throat, weakness, and headache and you are frantic. When you finally see the doctor he tells you that your child has diphtheria. When you hear this you ask “Is that bad?” Your doctor’s reply is “Yes, it’s “bad.” I wish we had given your child that vaccine I wanted her to have.” Yes you shouldn’t have worried over the internet propaganda. You should have listened to you doctor.
Dr. Mindy M. Boehm, a MD for twenty-eight years, speaks on the real risks of immunizations. She says that in this generation “we have no memory of knowledge of these diseases…”, and when “we “Google” immunization information online, we become mired in the first several websites that are negative towards immunizations.” Her article states that the chances of those negative things happening is very slim. Since none of those who belong to the present generations have never really had to deal with the epidemics of a virus or bacteria that we are suppose to be immobilized for, we find that we question whether or not to immunize our children. She says “Thanks to vaccines, most preventable diseases are no longer common in this country.”
My opinion is that we should immunize our children, so that we don’t have to go through preventable illnesses. I do agree though the propaganda on the internet can be quite convincing. On the other hand, our doctors go though training and I trust them. If they say that we should have the immunization then I say lets have it. I agree that chances are slim of problems occurring do to the immunization. I think that anything can be taught something new. With that, I think that we should introduce the infection to our own immune system. It helps us not become ill. We need to continue with the immunization of children.
The support for my opinion comes from many different times in my history in this world and it comes from many different sources. My first was internet propaganda: I achieved this opinion by looking it up my self through Google, but I’m afraid I’ll make you go look that up your self if you really want to see it yourself. I also received this opinion because of what she says “we become mired in the first several websites that are negative towards immunizations.” The second part of my opinion was doctors training: I have an uncle who is a doctor and I know he went through a lot of school to become the successful doctor he is. Also, it’s common knowledge that doctor’s go to school for a long time. The third part was chances are slim: I achieved this opinion by what she says in this article, there’s “a one-in1000 chance of excessive crying, one-in-14,000 chance of seizure, one-in-16,000 chance of high fever over 105 degrees, and one-in-a-million chance of an allergic reaction to any one shot. The fourth and final part comes from the fact and from her article “our infection-fighting system… makes antibodies that protect us from … germs.”
In conclusion, we need to continue to immunize our children or a terrible out break may once again sweep the Earth. If we immunize our children there is no frantic rush into the doctor’s office. Your child has no unnecessary fever, red sore throat, and headache. Your children don’t have diphtheria or any other preventable disease. You don’t have to pay an outrageous doctor bill. It’s all because YOU had your child immunized. All bet your glad you listened to your doctor, aren’t you?
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment