I do NOT believe in cheating. So, I can quite say I am sorry to all of you who wanted me to cheat for you, but the only thing I need to say to you that wanted it is, "Go Write Your Own!"
As it so happens a lot of the kids in my Honors English class happen to be in my Spanish class. So, this is a blog about how even honors students can be stupid.
One day we were sitting there in our Spanish class being extremely bored, since we had finished that day’s assignment, and we were discussing our Honors English class. We were talking about how hard it has been recently to write the required five hundred (500) words. Then one of us (I think one of the girls) decided that we should all write on the same subject. So, for a few short minutes we tried to come up with something we could all write five hundred words with when a brilliant idea hit one of my classmates on the head. One idea was that we should write about Spanish. We were all in that class anyway. All of us agreed that it would be a grate idea. Then one of the boys who sat next to me said we should write two hundred fifty words in English and then just translate them into Spanish. After all, our teacher never said they couldn't be in another language. Once we had all laughed and said that it was a good idea another boy decided that one of us should write this "Spanish" blog and then email it to everyone else. I did not like that idea, but I was only half listening. When all of a sudden he appointed me to be the scribe, or as I thought of it, the cheater. I didn't get the chance to say anything for the bell rang just then.
Later at home I knew I needed to write something but the only thing I could think about was that "Spanish" blog. So, I decided that I'd rather miss the credit than cheat for those kids.
A few days later one of those boys asked me if I had written it and I said that I had not, which is still the truth to this very day. I have yet to write any blog on the Spanish subject they wanted and I may sometime in the future when this does not count on our grade. The idea of the blog is a good one but what they wanted to do with it is not a good idea.
I challenge all of you who do read this blog to resist the temptation of cheating. I quite sure that if I had written that blog and they had copied it our instructor would have noticed even it half of it was in Spanish. (I don't think those kids know, but he used to teach Spanish for a while). All of us would have ended up in trouble. So, DON'T CHEAT!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment