Jealousy is not an emotion I often experience. As of recently, it is becoming more and more frequent. All because I have come to understand that some people have an amazing, wonderful, and sometimes useful talent of writing. Unfortunately, I do not have.
I have a good friend in my Geometry class who is a very descriptive write. She happens to sit right behind me. One day, very recently, we decided to write a story. She had this one very descriptive, metaphor-like line that was perfect for a story. It was depressing yet it was intriguing. It caught your attention automatically. Her writing is intriguing. It is inspiring. I wish I could write like her.
I can write an essay no problem. I have a very hard time starting stories. I can pick things up after a chapter or two but I struggle to start any creative writing. I like to think of myself as the sequel writer. Often, I will be “writing” a sequel to something I have recently read, watched, or heard about. My writing if you can’t tell is very practical. Metaphors and similes do not come easy to me. I would like to become a better writer, which is a reason why I am trying to write a story with that friend of mine. I hope she will be able to teach me how to write somewhat like she does.
Friday, May 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment