Thursday, March 19, 2009

Katara's Epitaph

For forwarning, I am a Zutara fan, and when my English teacher had our class write epitaphs on two characters from a favorite movie/TV show/book I chose my favorite Avatar: the Last Airbender charaters. So, if the show had gone my way her epitaph would have been like what's writen below.
Katara of the Water Tribes

They say I am like my element water: flowing, adapting, soothing, and bringing life to those I touch.
In the Northern Water Tribe they would not teach girls to fight, but I fought anyway.
I dueled with a master, and convinced the master to teach me.
I was like a waterfall: a rush of temper, smooth and calm shortly afterwards.
I mastered Waterbending with Herculean effort.
My life changed when I broke the iceberg containing the Avatar.
I found my resolve through Zuko’s search for the Avatar, but I hated him for it.
He bore a traitor’s scar and claimed he was Prince Zuko of the dreaded Fire Nation.
He hunted us, hounded us, and harassed us (Avatar Aang, my brother Sokka, and me) all around the world.
All we wanted was to end the 100 year war; he just wanted the Avatar.
This war was an angry dragon destroying everything in its path.
In this world who can trust easily?
But I gave Zuko the opportunity to prove himself.
His betrayal hurt almost as much as my mother’s death had.
Pain was my companion, but he asked for a second chance.
He proved himself to me by helping me avenge my mother’s death.
He became one of my best friends.
I helped him take out his crazy sister while Aang took out the Fire Lord.
Zuko became the Fire Lord at the end of the war.
I learned this lesson: give people second chances; they might have really changed.
Eventually we married and lived to see our grandchildren.
Like Romeo and Juliet, he left this world before me, but I followed soon after in my sleep.
Who ever said opposites attract?
They were right.

No comments: